Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Realistic Internet Connection Speed

Hi all,

I'm currenty subscribed with a Horizon Super Combi bundle which includes lots of TV I don't watch, a fixed telephone I never use (it's not even plugged in!), and a wonderful internet connection that is supposed to have a 250 Mbps download (best effort).

Over the year I was always noticing that I never actually achieved anywhere near the advertisd download speed either via LAN or WLAN and there have been times where 4G on my mobile was actually faster.

Today, I plugged my notebook in and tested it and managed to squeeze an average of 55 mbps from it - sometimes even 35mbps.

Because I have been paying for considerably more, and and have been wasting money on somthing I pay for but dont get, or pay for and dont use, I decided to downgrade to the Connect & Play 50 bundle without telephone for CHF 79/month.

Question: Since I'm supposed to have 250Mbps DL, and get 50Mbps DL, do you think now that I have downgraded to 50Mbps I will receive 10Mbps?

I was in two minds whether to change, considering the CHF 59 admin fee, but thought it would be worth a try at least. then if i dont get what im paying for again, I will make some complaints!

3 REPLIES 3
Movie Star
1443 749 94

Re: Realistic Internet Connection Speed

The first thing I would do is call the support line under 0800 66 88 66

There is something technically wrong with your line (signal).

I would suggest a signal check by the support line. They will probably see the signal problem from remote.

Probably a technician has to come to your home to newly calibrate the signal. 55Mbit is too slow for your contract.

Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Since I was receiving 55mbps and living quite happily and unaware that the connection was slower than paid for, I changed my subscription to a Connect & Play 50 bundle.
I now get fewer channels to flick through (never watched them anyhow) but I can confirm that there has been no decrease in internet speed. I now pay for 50mbps, and that is exactly what I receive. The bonus is that I'm now almost 45chf per month better off.
Movie Star
1443 749 94

That's also a possible solution.

If your're happy with 50Mbit and less money to pay I would say enjoy it.