Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

SOLVED
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Wifi and phone off in Horizon Box after Connect Box installed

Hello,

Until now, I had the Horizon Box trio pack with TV, phone and internet on the same device. Today, I have received and installed the new Connect Box in a different room and it is working, but both internet and phone have stopped working on the Horizon Box, what is a problem since I have the phone attached to it.

Is that normal? Once you connect the Connect Box only TV works on the Horizon Box?. Hopefully not, because I have all the installation attached to the Horizon Box and now it will be a mess, and nobody inform about that situation.

Regards,

Carlos 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : Wifi and phone off in Horizon Box after Connect Box installed

Hi @Csanchez1971,

The goal of having the Connect Box is to use the Horizon Box only for TV.

A lot of customers were having issues with the Horizon Box because it was used for too many things at the same time and the box doesn't like that (fan problems, slow WiFi...). So now there is this 2-room solution.

This is normal that the Internet and Phone is off in the Horizon Box. To use these functions you have now the Connect Box which is more optimized for that. The Horizon Box will only be used for TV.

I think that's a bad news for you. Very strange that nobody told you that.

Cheers,

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @Csanchez1971,

The goal of having the Connect Box is to use the Horizon Box only for TV.

A lot of customers were having issues with the Horizon Box because it was used for too many things at the same time and the box doesn't like that (fan problems, slow WiFi...). So now there is this 2-room solution.

This is normal that the Internet and Phone is off in the Horizon Box. To use these functions you have now the Connect Box which is more optimized for that. The Horizon Box will only be used for TV.

I think that's a bad news for you. Very strange that nobody told you that.

Cheers,

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hi @Michaelhello,

before nothing, thanks for the quick answer.

And yes, it's a problem since I have everything connected to the Horizon Box and now I'm not sure how to make the new cable configuration (specially when you have the connection 7 meters far from the device).

And unfortunately no, when I received the mail they said they will send a new router with better settings but they did not say that Horizon Box will be only for TV.

I understand the reason behind separating both devices since I am one of these users with common problems but now I have to rearrange everything because of this lack of information.

Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Carloc

Occasional Visitor
1 0 0

Re: Re : Wifi and phone off in Horizon Box after Connect Box installed

The same happened to me as well.

I subscribe this week and this is quite bad news and quite unacceptable. Bade news if you have an appartment which you cannot cover with one Boxc only and unacceptable because advertisement of the product clearly shows that you can connect a phone to the Horizon Box.

Christian