Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

connection problem without ethernet

Hi all!!

I've been facing an internet connectivity problem for ages and still havent found the way to fix it!

Here's the situation :

I cant connect to the internet from home without an ethernet cable. Everytime that i try to connect with a wi fi connection the connection is either active for a couple of minutes or it's waaaay to slow (skype won't connect and pages take too much time to load).

However, internet connection from my laptop works perfectly while connected on other wireless connections such as libraries, cafeterias.

Is it a problem of the modem card of my laptop or  it comes from the UPC modem? other laptops, mobile devices connect to the wifi of my place without any problem!

Thank you in advance for your advice

4 REPLIES 4
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : connection problem without ethernet

Hi @thalia, welcome to the community!

If all the others devices work perfectly with the modem's Wlan, it could be your laptop's modem card. Can you try to update your wireless card and post here the model of your wireless card?

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hi Michel

Thanks for the reply, i will try to update the drivers of the card and is if it's going to work.

the model of my modem card is Intel (R) Centrino Wireless N 130

Thanks!

Cheers

Thalia

Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hi @Michaelhello I've updated the driver of the modem card but it didnt help. it could connect via the wifi for a couple of minutes and then the access was limited until it dropped completely

any further suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @thalia,

I have checked your wireless's modem card you posted. There is something I notice about it, but to be sure I want to know which modem do you have.

Kind regards

Michael