Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with Horizon

Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

wireless and internet speed

hi there,

of late i am having a lot of problem with wireless internet. I have installed my modem in the living room and I do my studies and work from bed room. The wireless interent connection is often weak and drops and i have to reconnect again. I could not find the the cause of the problem. Is it due to the because I have connected wireless of about 4 devcie , two phone, 1 laptop and 1 ipad?

Advise me if there any solution for this problem of internet dropping?

dawa

7 REPLIES 7
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : wireless and internet speed

Hi @Dawa, welcome to the community,

Here are some tips and tricks to optimise the WLAN connection : http://www.upc.ch/en/support/tools/wlan/#1/1

If you want to the change some settings into your modem to increase the speed, I can help you. But first, try the tips presented on the link above.

Kind regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

hi,

I tried various suggested solutions to fix the internet drop but no avail.

Here are the details:

1. I use the modem Technicolor TC7200 

2. Inbetween my bedroom and sitting room where the modem is connected lies the kitchen and my daughter room. Its is 7 meter distance.

3. Around 5 devices are connected to my wifi.

Problems.

The wifi interent connectetion drops intermittently. It comes back after some seconds and then goes away. In order to resolve this problem sometimes I shut off the modem for 30 seconds to restart the connection.

I changed onetime the frequency band from  2.4 ghz to 5 ghz to test the connection but problem still persist.

Ask.

Is there anyother way other than the optimisation tips that you offer in our website.

Can I get the new modem Connect box because I learned from my friend it works very well in Geneva.

Awaiting your actions

dawa

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @Dawa,

Dawa a écrit :

Is there anyother way other than the optimisation tips that you offer in our website.

Can I get the new modem Connect box because I learned from my friend it works very well in Geneva.

Yes, you can.

I can also give you some settings to adjust and modify the wirelss strengh. Do you want the steps to change the wireless signal strengh?

Kind regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

yap.

let me know what are the other ways to increase the signal strength.

With regard to modem, how should I go about to get the connect box. Should I go to your autorized dealer here to get it?

Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

Yap... throw me your advice please.

With regard to the modem box, should I go to your dealer here Naxoo to get the new box?

Do I have to hand in the old modem to them?

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

I went this morning to service center and got the modem replaced with connect box.

I did the connection and tested the speed. It is almost 40 MB per sec that I was promised to get.

My problems with wifi also went away with the new modem.

Folks, I would say that those who have problem with wifi should get their modem replaced 

that worked for me.

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @Dawa,

I'm very happy that all your problems are gone :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your fresh new modem. 

Kind regards,

Michael