Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Changing subscription from 300 to 600

Hi,

My current subscription is Connect 300. I noticed that it has been recently replaced with a 600 mbps offer with the same montly price. I tried to change my subscription online using "My UPC" but the 600 mpbs option did not show up for me.

So I contacted the customer service on phone. They told me the 600 mbps option is ONLY for new customers (even without the promotional discount) and the only option offered to me as an existing customer is the 1Gbps!

This does not make any sense. I'm not asking for the promotional discount, but to pay the same price to get the half of speed of the current offer is not logical! Was the lady in customer service mistaken? Otherwise, it seems basically UPC is suggesting that I should cancel my subscription and then join again as a new customer! Huh, I bet this way I would even qualify for the promotional 50% discount!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
6170 1555 469

Betreff: Changing subscription from 300 to 600

@alefsin , Welcome to the Community!

The statement of the employee is correct. The offer is only available for new customers.

Campaigns and promotions to acquire new customers are common in the industry. Every one of our customers was once a new customer, who in most cases could also benefit from a special offer or promotion. Such promotions are declared as such on our website. Usually a corresponding note can be found in the "small print" at the bottom of the respective offer page.

So there is no generally valid "script" to get favourable conditions. Surely you understand that not least in the interest of a calculation that is favourable for our customers, we cannot grant every existing customer another one after the expiration of the granted promotion.

Although we interpret our promotions generously in the interest of our customers, we have to set limits somewhere.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Thank you Daniele for your answer.

I understand that you cannot offer these promotions to the existing customers. But that was not what I was asking for.

Right now, UPC has internet packages in 3 speeds: 100, 600 and 1000. I was asking to change my old subscription to the 600 and pay the full price (79 CHF per month) and the customer service was telling me no, you cannot have that! I just find it incredible.

Highlighted
Community Manager
6170 1555 469

@alefsin , As an existing customer you can only have these offers:

2020-08-20_14h15_48.png

The 600 offer is only available for new customers as it is a promotion. Even at full price this offer is not available for existing customers.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Thanks you Daniele for confirming this.
What can I say. In the words of commander Spock: fascinating!