Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Occasional Visitor
1 1 0

Connect Box: Menu options missing

Hello,

I have the new Connect Box and am trying to setup in Bridge Mode. According to Manual, there should be a Top Level menu for "Modem Mode". I do not have that in my Connect Box. After speaking with Support on phone, I have factory reset the box, but still this menu item does not come.

Anyone else has this problem? Any ideas what else to do before asking for a new ConnectBox ?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Movie Star
1757 868 74

Betreff: Connect Box: Menu options missing

Hi @DUTCH

It looks like you are on IPv6. In this case you cannot activate bridge mode. That is why the option you are looking for is not shown. Easiest way is to call our support team and to ask to activate IPv4, which is easily done. The you can activate bridge mode.

Let us know if it worked!

Best regards,

Frida

Supporting Actor TV
2 2 0

Thank you so much for your solution.

I just called the hotline for asking about the port forwarding menu that is missing. The guy told me that the only solution is to set up my router as a bridge and use another router...(please cablecom, next time you hire a tech guy, hire a REAL tech guy...) So I was looking on Internet about the modem/router CH7465LG but didn't found any relevant information except the official manual that shows me many more menus that the interface currently have (but nothing about ipv4 vs ipv6 difference). By chance I came on this thread and now I can phone the hotline with a more precise question "Can you change my Connect Box from ipv6 to ipv4 please" instead of "Port forwarding menu is missing, what can I do to have it?" hoping the tech guy will understand this time...

Supporting Actor TV
2 2 0

And for French guys who try to get the manual, it seems that the French version of cablecom website is missing the new Connect Box page. So just change to German or English to access the Connect Box manual.

You can compare:

http://www.upc-cablecom.ch/fr/support/instructions/#internet  => Missing Connect Box

http://www.upc-cablecom.ch/en/support/instructions/#internet

Movie Star
1757 868 74

Hi @gagou7

First of all a warm welcome from us! Happy you joined us and found the answer to your question. I also thank you for the feedback on our support services. If it's OK with you I like to forward your feedback to the team thus helping us to continously improve our services.

Should you ever have a question again, feel free to ask our community!

Update: Thank you for the hint! Just informed the respective colleague about the missing information on our website.

Cheers,

Frida

1 0 0

Hello, thank your for the help... I was wondering why my router did not display the bridge options... switching from IPV6 to IPV4 resolved the issue, and now its perfect !

Regards,

Jean-Luc Bloechle