cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

Connect box - cannot connect to internet

Received a connect box, set up fine and connected devices to wifi. I was prompted to change passwords, which I did, and now I cannot connect any device to the wifi network.
Connect box was reset still nothing... what can I do?
5 REPLIES 5
Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

Re: Connect box - cannot connect to internet

Update: according to the network diagnostic tool, the broadband connection is down. Cable has been checked multiple times and still no internet access.
Any ideas?
Leading Role
228 130 8

Your first post says you can't connect to wifi, and the second that you can't access the internet.  They're separate problems.  How are you checking the connection status: ethernet/wired connection?  That should, theoretically, solve itself if you leave the box turned on for an hour or so as UPC need to switch your internet from whatever you had before to the connect box.  It could also be because you've not connected the coax to the correct socket in your wall socket point.

As for wifi not working ... change the password again, and use the same SSID for both the 5G and 2.4G networks, and try again.

Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

Thanks for the reply.
I was able to get the wifi connection working after changing the setting password twice and using the Ethernet connection to the Connect box.
The connect box has a flashing green light, there is only one outlet compatible for the cable connection so it's definitely in the right one. When the Connect Box was first installed, it was working from this connection. Not sure what the internet set up was before this connection so I guess I'll have to follow it up.
Leading Role
228 130 8

Well, if it was working and has now stopped I guess it could be one of three things. 1) The box broke, 2) the cable connection isn't good at one end or 3) UPC have turned off your internet (or the building wiring has a fault).

As you've checked the cable and also done a box reset, I guess it's a call to UPC!

As an aside, the good thing about wi-free is that you can use a neighbour's internet connection while yours isn't working (done that in the past, and quite often when rebooting my connect box as it takes so long).
Supporting Actor Film
5 0 0

Thanks for the guidance!