Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Giga Connect internet issues in house

Just upgraded and installed the Giga connect box to my lounge - no problems there. However, I have a router in the basement sending internet to each floor in the house (4) via wires in the walls then via direct cable to pc or via own supplied wi-fi routers. This set-up stopped working immediately the Giga box was installed. How do I get my WiFi back on my other floors? Given that we are multiple home office workers I need a quick solution please. Attached a picture from the basement set-up.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

Re: Giga Connect internet issues in house

@LaufenTiger , Welcome to the community! 

Is your request still current? We see a lot of devices that get an IP address.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Hi Daniele,

I managed to speak to tech support this morning and discovered what I was doing wrong. I installed in my lounge for the superior WiFi speed instead of installing in my basement in place of the old unit. WiFi in the house is no faster than it was unfortunately, despite a couple of decent routers (tp-link) at around 12Mbps as opposed to the 350-550Mbps from the new modem. Obviously the new super speed is nice but in my basement not much use.

Do you have a cost-effective solution to propose?
Highlighted
Community Manager
5537 1440 425

@LaufenTiger ,I have no recommendations. But in the German area people swear by ubiquiti devices with MESH function. You would have to ask there for more details.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team