cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Supporting Actor TV
2 3 0

Internet Not Working - Flickering Lights on Modem

My wifi modem is not working since last night. It is displaying 2 green lights - the light with 2 arrows is flickering constantly and the light with wifi icon is constanly on.

When I try to browse the internet after connecting to the wifi, I get the troubleshooting home page.

Can someone please let me know if they have faced this earlier and the possible resolution for the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Leading Role
229 131 8

Re: Internet Not Working - Flickering Lights on Modem

The Connect Box (assume that's what you have?) should have no green lights on, and only the white bar.  That's the state when everything is working.

When booting up (which takes a few minutes) or when something's wrong you'll see more lights.  From your description it looks like your wifi is good and your internet isn't (flashing green means it's trying to connect).  

If you've been playing around with the settings it's worth resetting the box (there's a button or something on the back I'm sure). 

Check the cabling both ends, then ring UPC and ask them to check that your internet connection is ok.  They seem to have really improved their call centre recently.  Each time I've called they've answered almost immediately and have a system in place to find an English speaking advisor if you need one.

Supporting Actor TV
2 3 0

Thanks for your response, Adrian (Film Actor)

I called them up and they were able to inform me that there was an outage in my area (which weirdly was not appearing on the outage indicator page). This was resolved in approximately 2 days.
Leading Role
229 131 8

They don't seem to update their outage page during outages!  It's just for fun to look at and make you check all your wiring.

Thanks for being a supporting actor