Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Internet speed and unstability

Hello,

for the last couple of days our internet connection and speed of it is unstable. We are paying for the speed of 250/25 but only thing we are getting is download somewhere between 50-150 and upload 1-10. It is impossible to stay online with some applications that need stable connection. Could you please check if there is anything going on around in the area and what could be causing the disruption?

Area: Benken SG

Regards

Tomasz and Anna

P.S. Could you move the subject to the Internet: Internet with modem section please?

7 REPLIES 7
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : Internet speed and unstability

Good evening @Greezli, welcome to the community!

For security reasons, I removed your customer number and I also moved the subject to ''Internet with modem" 

I would like to know what kind of devices are having internet unstability, if they are connected via WiFi to the modem and which modem do you have.

Regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Hello,

writing a reply again as the connection with internet was cut off and everything disappeared because of 'Authorization failed.'.

There are two devices: my desktop PC and wife's laptop. Both connected to router by LAN cable. Bothe have same problem with unstability and speeds.

Router :Technicolor, model :TC7200.U.

Up untill last week we had many network disconnections during day and night, for a few minutes up to 1 hour each. Since last week upload speed is going mad but dowload speed was stable around 150Mb/s (should be 250Mb/s though). Since today both speeds are going crazy and  applications and games are unable to launch and keep online. 

We're doing daylong checks via cnlab appliaction but nothing changes. I have sent a ticket via application to UPC technician but no answer.

Regards

Tomasz and Anna

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Good evening @Greezli,

The best way is to call the UPC's support or a UPC partner : 0800 66 88 66.

Then, they will send you a technician as fast as possible.

Regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Hello,

we already had a technician here, 2 or 3 times, nothing has helped. It was good for a day or two but after that it went back to sudden disconnections.

After I have send the last reply here, our modem rebooted itself and everything went back to normal. Today it started again. Sudden disconnections, drops in upload spped, unstable download speed.

In past years we have changed the router, we got the Horizon Box even but it doesn't change anything.

The service is just unreliable.

Regards

Tomasz and Anna

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @Greezli,

The support nor the technician didn't send you a new modem? Do your neighbours have the same issue as yours?

Kind regards and merry christmas,

Michael

Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Hello,

we got the new modem, technician even changed the socket in the wall to new one in case it was the problem but nothing worked.

For the few days now everything was alright untill today. Suddenly upload dropped to 3-45kbit/s (yes, kbit, not Mbit... ) and is unstable. Everything we launch on our equipment closes as it cannot keep the connection.

I doubt the problem is on our side as we do not touch anything relied to 'internet connection'  and still problems occur quite often but are not constant. Still no help from provider.

Regards

Tomasz and Anna

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Good afternoon @Greezli,

The problem comes not from your side, but from the UPC's network. You have to insist with them if you want a solution for your internet speed.

Best regards,

Michael