cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Supporting Actor TV
0 0 0

Massive and extremely inconsistent ping

Since the last 2 weeks I've been getting a high and inconsistent ping on every server. My ping constantly jumps between 40 and 200, with an average around 80-110 with the various speedtests that I've tried. I tried using the wi-free and other devices but they have the same issue.

http://i.imgur.com/fZDESps.png

7 REPLIES 7
Award Winner
1 542 0

Re : Massive and extremely inconsistent ping

Good afternoon @Timotheeee and welcome to the community !

You realised the speedtests using a WLAN connection (Wi-Fi) ?

Greetings,

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
0 0 0

Did one test over a powerline adapter and one over wifi, they both have the same issue, same with the wi-free.

Award Winner
1 542 0

Hello @Timotheeee,

This inconsistent ping are ''normal''. The options you have to solve this problem are to not be too far from your powerline adapter or Wi-Fi or you can use the following tools and tips given by upc cablecom :

http://www.upc-cablecom.ch/en/support/tools/wlan/?q2=wlan%20op#1/1

http://www.upc-cablecom.ch/en/support/tools/wlan/?q2=wlan%20op#1/2

King regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
0 0 0

It's not the local network's fault. It happens when I use ethernet too and on every device. I also tried restarting the router. 

Also the ping changes randomly throughout the day, sometimes I get 50 ping, sometimes 160, but it's still very inconsistent.

Award Winner
1 542 0

Timotheeee a écrit :

It's not the local network's fault. It happens when I use ethernet too and on every device. I also tried restarting the router. 

Also the ping changes randomly throughout the day, sometimes I get 50 ping, sometimes 160, but it's still very inconsistent.

Okay, you can try to disconnect some devices from your router when you get a high ping. I had this problem some weeks ago during 3-4 weeks and then the problem disapeared :smileyindifferent:

I suggest you to connect your devices to your router by a RJ45 cable if the device allows you to.

King Regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
0 0 0

It also happens in the morning when nobody has woken up yet. And the local network has nothing to do with it, since it worked fine before.

Ex-Moderator
7 546 0

Hi @Timotheeee

Was @Michaelhellos advice helpful? If so, you can click on accept as solution. This allows other uses with the same question to quickly get to the answer. Or you can send me a private message with your Customer ID and phone number and I'll check your problem with our support then.

Thanks and kind regards,

Anina

----------------------------------------------------

Tipp: Mach hilfreiche Antworten auf deine Fragen sichtbar, indem du sie als Lösung akzeptierst. So profitieren auch andere Community-Mitglieder davon.
Astuce: Rendez les réponses utiles plus visibles en les acceptant comme solutions. Cela permettra aux autres membres de la Community d'en profiter également.