Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet with modem

Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

can't search wifi

Hi,

We received the conection box today and tried to conect it. At first we can search the wifi and connect to it, but no internet access. But then, suddenly we were unable to search the wifi. The LED  light is white but the grean icon which in the middle flashes all the time. But the other two icons never flashes. And we have waited for couples of hours and still not working. We also tried to reset it couples of time, not work. Don't know what happened. 

Cheers,

Chen

4 REPLIES 4
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Re : can't search wifi

Hi @circeyaqi, welcome to the communty,

You may check if all the cables are well connected to your Connect Box.

To identify your issue, here are some precise questions: Is there a light which red? Did you try to connect a laptop or computer directly to the Connect Box through a LAN cable? What kind of socket do you have (2-hole or 3-hole) ?

Regards,

Michael

Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Re: can't search wifi

Hi Michael,

I tried just now that I can connect directly with laptop through a LAN cable. But when I log in, I found that the Wireless option is off. I don't know how to open it. I also tried to enable the 2.4 or 5 hz but failed. Every time I applied the changes, then it remained disable. What can I do then?

Cheers,
Chen Yaqi
Leading Role
228 130 8

The flashing green internet light typically means the connect box can't connect to UPC internet; either because it's not provisioned for your account/box or because the cable or connection isn't good.  However, the wifi not working shouldn't be related to that, so maybe the settings have somehow become corrupted.

There's a button (marked reset I think; I'm too lazy to walk over and check mine!) below the four yellow ethernet sockets.  Press it and hold it for about 10 seconds.  The box will then perform a reset.  Note: this can take ages (like up to half an hour).  Once it's stable, try again.

Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @circeyaqi,

Did you try the suggestion of @adrianlondon?

Regards,

Michael