Did you mean: 

Internet

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 1 0

Thomson modem: Bridge mode not working anymore

1st Problem:
-----------------

Since yesterday (27.2.2015), my Thomson modem, which was in bridge mode, stopped working.
Trying to reboot it started an endless intialisation loop.
I Called support who asked me to reset the modem. Doing this resolved the problem.

I'm now able to connect in router mode, but stil not in bridge mode.

Bridge mode is not working anymore, so I decided to stay in router mode.

This lead me to the 2nd Problem:
--------------------------------------------

By default, the modem IP is 192.168.0.1, but my home network is in the 192.168.1.n range. So I decided to change the modem IP for it to be in the same IP range as my network.

Bang! impossible to change the modem IP, it gives me a "Error converting one or more entries:". Changing the IP in the 192.168.0.n range is possible, but not in the 192.168.1.n range !

UPC: These 2 bugs are BIG ones, they have a big impact on vital modem features. So please correct them asap !

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Re: Thomson modem: Bridge mode not working anymore

I am having the exact same issue. cannot get the thomson to restart after enabling bridge mode. This is causing me endless double NAT issues. i do not want the thompson router to be the main router on a rather complex network (8+ airport devices)

this all started after a power outage (28.02.2015) , was only able to get the thompson to connect to cable after hard reset.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Same here. I'm very hungry.

Repaired ! thanks

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 1 0

@yves Turin

What is repaired ? Are you now able to connect with your Thomson modem in Bridge mode, or just in router mode ?

Highlighted
Movie Star
3718 406 35

Hello

Do your modems work again? We had a general issue with Bridge Mode which has been resolved by now.

Thanks for a feedback.

Best regards
Anina

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Yes, I'm able to connect with my Thomson modem in Bridge mode. Sorry for the delay of my answer.

Still impossible to choose a WAN fix IP, even I take the one offers by UPC. I can live with it.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

What a mess UPC did to my network... a lot of time lost last Friday. I hope it'll be a rare issue.

Highlighted
Movie Star
3718 406 35

Hi Yves

I apologize for any inconvenience caused. The problem is now fixed.

Regards
Anina

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Can confirm - bridge mode up and running again - thanks.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 1 0

Hello,

my modem is now working in Bridge mode. The Bridge problem is now resolved for me.

but

in fact the most annoying thing wasn't the Bridge mode not working anymore, the worst thing is the bug that prevents changing the router IP to another range in router mode. This bug prevented me to put the modem in router mode when waiting for you to fix the bridge problem.
This bug should be fixed asap.

Anyway, thank you for your message Anina.