Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediabox

Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1801 550 76

Re: HD Mediabox replacement?

Hi @Ian 

Sure, I'll inform them right away. Can you quickly send me a private message with your mobile number and a time slot for my colleagues to call you back (e.g. we-fr 14:00-17:00). 

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Anina

----------------------------------------------------

Tipp: Mach hilfreiche Antworten auf deine Fragen sichtbar, indem du sie als Lösung akzeptierst. So profitieren auch andere Community-Mitglieder davon.
Astuce: Rendez les réponses utiles plus visibles en les acceptant comme solutions. Cela permettra aux autres membres de la Community d'en profiter également.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
14 13 0

@Anina Okay done. Thanks

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
14 13 0

@Anina the above (and a second PM to yourself) you will recall that I did get call from an individual who thought I had a very good case for a new box without the hassle. He planned to speak to his line Manager and ring me back, a callback he never made? The situation appears dead in the water. I guess I will need to look into the legalities of this situation as was suggested in an earlier post. A tragic situation that reflects very badly on UPC, it really need not be this way.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
1 1 0

I have a similar situation. What was the resolution in the end?  

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
14 13 0

I thought forum members might like to know how this progressed.

After my last request to @Anina  no one called, nothing was done by UPC.  After some time reflecting on what we would like to do my wife and I decided to cut our losses and request new eqiupment, knowing this would mean taking a Horizon box. Sadly and as feared this then resulted in a tirade of conflicting information from UPC, mostly relating to what we as existing customers could expect, specifically customers with "faulty" old equipment.

We were assured that our new contract would not be subject to a minimum period so if we did not like things we could cancel immediately with no penalties, we were assured that we would not be charged an installation fee, we were assured that although the monthly charges would increase significantly we would be recovering the now included line rental charges from our Landlord who would be instructed by UPC to cease payments in relation to our account, (as we the renter would be paying it). 

So did UPC live up to their promises? in short it should come as no surprise that they did not. Firstly and only after signing the new contract weere we told it has a new minimum period of 12 months, secondly we were charged 99chf installation fee, our landlord has heard nothing from UPC about ceasing payments to them. I requested a copy of the email UPC had issued the landlord and was told I could not have one, but that they would write to me to confirm what was done, something I could then take up with my landlord. In other words the shambloic treatment continues... I have been assured the installation fee was in error and need not be paid (today)

If you are a customer with an old mediabox and it fails, you really should not be faced with a of series false assurances and what appears a total loss of records of who said what, who promised what. I think it is to be expected that old equipment will some day fail, but consider carefully the can of worms you might face trying to get things normalised.

I now require two things be resolved, I want my landlord informed of the new arrangement and copy of said letter or email. I require confirmation of our right to cancel the account or amend it in any way "immediately" without reference to minimum rental periods, because as it stands we are sorely tempted to cancel the entire agreement ...it really sucks to deal with UPC.   

Highlighted
TV Star
282 145 11

UPC don't write to the landlord, they simply stop billing him/her.

When you get uour Nebenkosten accounts, ensure that your landlord hasn't billed you the cable connection fee from when you started paying.  They're not paying to UPC from that date so they can't cross-charge you in your Nebenkosten.

UPC will send you a template letter to give to your landlord; that speeds things up.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
14 13 0

I spoke to a UPC rep who stated they had sent an email outlining the change in early August? it is this statement from UPC that led me to accept they write to the landlord. UPC informed my wife of the same thing "we will write to your landlord". The landlord has heard nothing. I had already heard about the template letter, and requested a copy in August and again last week, still nothing from UPC.
Highlighted
TV Star
282 145 11

It's not good when we appear to know more about UPC's admin procedures than they do!

Good luck getting it sorted.  Make sure your end of year Nebenkosten bill matches what you've been told.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
14 13 0

Current position on this billing twist some long term customers might face when "forced" to accept Horizon boxes over the old Mediabox....the new bill from UPC now includes the line rental (since Aug). My landlord still claims to know nothing about making adjustments to the Nebenkosten. I spoke to a UPC rep two days ago and they abruptly (not a polite individual, but at least informed) claimed that the landlord has now had one credit for our name and address?? whatever that means? so from this we are to await a change sometime when? So since August we have been paying both UPC and the landlord for the same thing...wonderful and all so very predictable that this would not be straightforward and penalise the customer.  

Equally causing us discomfort is that the Horizon box is woeful, long winded navigation of settings, poor set up in general, not as good a system and slow to start up.. we much prefer the old mediabox. In my opinion Horizon equipment is inferior, and yet we are to beleive this is the better "digital" equipment. 

UPC are less of a product that were Cablecom, and for some basic and aviodable reasons. Customer care is on their agenda, and they try, but then fail miserably.

Highlighted
TV Star
282 145 11

Yeah, the Horizon box is dire.

I'm from the UK, and even the very cheap Freeview boxes are incredibly speedy and clear (especially the guide/recordings) compared to this thing.

Even the new Sky Q box, which has their forums flooded with complaints about slow performance and feature bloat, is like a breath of fresh air when coming from the Horizon box.

I do like the ease of recording compared to plugging a HDD into the back of my Samsung TV, but I'm getting very tempted to ditch the Horizon box and swap to a digicard.,  

As UPC have moved (thankfully!) the internet and landline functions off the Horizon box onto a dedicated one (don't get me started on the Connect Box's admin pages!) I'm hoping they'll soon come out with a simplied TV-only box.