cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediabox

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 6 0

Mediabox strange behaviou (changing channel or activating teletext by itself)

Dear all,

Since some time my media box has been behaving strangely. I first thought it was a temporary issue, but than it keeps getting worse.

This is what happens. When I turn on the tv and decoder, everything is fine for a few minutes.

Then the decoder switches channel by itself. When moving back to the right channel, after a few minutes the decoder will either activate the teletext, or change channel again, or move to UPC On Demand or even just stop sending the signal to the tv.

The decoder is new, changed it due to the 'init' message.

Has anyone ever had similar issues?

Thank you,

Chospo

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Re : Mediabox strange behaviou (changing channel or activating teletext by itself)

Hi @Chospo,

I never saw someone with this kind of problem on the community forum until today :smileyvery-happy:

There are possible causes. It may be the Mediabox itself or the remote control. I suggest you to switch on the Mediabox and remove the batteries of the remote control. If the Mediabox continues with these strange behaviours, do a factory reset of the box. Again, if nothing changes, a technician should be asked.

Best regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 6 0

Re : Mediabox strange behaviou (changing channel or activating teletext by itself)

Hi @Michaelhello,

Lucky me! :smileylol:

I have tried your tips, quite helpful!

Even without batteries, the problem persists.

I wanted to reset the mediabox to the factory settings, but the system asks me for the PIN.

Any idea where I can find it?

The one I have (activation code) seems to be related to the previous mediabox :(

Thanks!

Chospo

Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Hi @Chospo,

The PIN should be one of these : "0000" - "1111" - "1234"

Kind regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 6 0

Thanks @Michaelhello,

Interesting question: as I can only try one more time. What happens if I get it wrong?

Will it block everything?

Thanks for your support, much appreciated!

Best,

Riccardo

Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Hi @Chospo,

I don't know what happens if you get it wrong one more time. It will certainly block the access to the factory reset settings, but not block the rest. It would be crazy :smileysurprised:

As you can read on this webpage, the factory settings of the Mediabox is more complicated than the Horizon Box. You need the right PIN + the activation code of your Mediabox :smileyfrustrated: :

https://support-en.upc.ch/app/answers/detail/a_id/58/~/factory-settings-mediabox-and-horizon

If you can't have access to the factory settings, you can say good bye to your Mediabox or ask for a technician.

Best regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 6 0

Barcelona - Juventus is now live. It's one of the 20 times a year I actually use the TV.
During the first 70 minutes of the game, the mediabox switched channel by itself 3 times (always back to channel number 5) and to teletext 2 times.
Every time this happens, it then takes a minute to move back to the right channel as the mediabox is extremely slow.
As you can see from the conversation, I had the same issue last year.
Is that a common issue?

Is it possible to fix it for good with a different box?

Many thanks,

Riccardo

Highlighted
TV Star
347 157 20

Hello @Chospo,

I think I may have found the root cause of your issue. Please check the following link and let us know if that may be related to your situation:

TV strange behaviour

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 6 0

Hi @Icarus,

Should I accept it as a solution?:smileyvery-happy:

I swear I thought of that too

Highlighted
TV Star
347 157 20

Hi @Chospo,

When I have read your initial post I immediately thought about that video... sorry :smileylol:

On a more serious note you should contact support to see if they can do something about your issue... may very well be hardware related...

Cheers