Did you mean: 

Mediabox

SOLVED
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
10 6 0

Mediabox stuck at 'init'

Hello,

I have noticed a few posts in the forum with this issue: my mediabox is stuck with 'init' on the screen.

However, nothing works. I have tried to turn it off and on again: nothing. I have also tried to keep the 3 buttons pressed as read in the Swiss German forum, but it doesn't work.

Any other idea on how to fix it?

I have noticed that before showing this issue, error message, the mediabox was behaving in a strange way. Sometimes it would change channel by itself and switch back always to the same channel.

Thanks for your support.

Riccardo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Re : Mediabox stuck at 'init'

Good evening @Chospo,

The 3 buttons you pressed were these ones ? : REC + CH + (plus) et CH – (minus) at the same time.

As this trick doesn't work, call the customer service and tell them the 'init' problem you have. You will receive a new Mediabox.

Best regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Re : Mediabox stuck at 'init'

Good evening @Chospo,

The 3 buttons you pressed were these ones ? : REC + CH + (plus) et CH – (minus) at the same time.

As this trick doesn't work, call the customer service and tell them the 'init' problem you have. You will receive a new Mediabox.

Best regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Movie Star
1754 870 74

Betreff: Mediabox stuck at 'init'

Hi @Chospo,

Just a quick check to see how you're doing. Did the tipps given by @Michaelhello help? If so, he and the community would appreciate it if you could mark his answer as "accepted solution". Should you need any further help, just let the Community know!

Wishing you a nice weekend!

Cheers,

Frida

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
1 1 0

Mediabox stuck at 'init'

My Media Box is stuck at INIT - I have tried the 3 button solution, turingin off, unplugging/rep;ugging etc.  Nothing works.  I am an English speaker, and UPC has no English selection on the phone.  I have called twice today, and listened to music and announcements for 10 minutes each time and then the call just times out.   Can someone contact me please?

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
1 0 0

Re: Mediabox stuck at 'init'

Same here. Deplorable support from UPC, really unbelievable; you have to install yourself, their equipment does not work, and you are left without as much as a contact.... Their phone support hangs up on you!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Re: Mediabox stuck at 'init'

Hi I had the same problem. The issue was that I had the horizon box connected through my router.

If you connect the horizon box with a HDMI cable to your TV and with a TV cable directly to the soccet in the wall (so without connecting to the internet router) and then switch everything on it worked for me. it takes some time but it works.