Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mediabox

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

More Fan Noise

I received my Horizon HD Recorder (Samsung, SMT-G7400/XEN) last week and installed it over the weekend (19th Sept).  I was very happy with the smooth installation process.

Unfortunately, like the other thread (ayekat), I am also experiencing issues with exceptional fan noise from the set top box when the unit is in use and surprisingly in stand-by mode.

The noise is louder than my fridge and interferes with late night viewing/listening.

This cannot be normal and I do not believe that UPC would be using such noisy units.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Gerard

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Movie Star
1754 870 74

Betreff: More Fan Noise

Hi @GerardP

First of all I like to warmly welcome you to our community!

I can understand that the loud fan noise can be annoying. You may either visit one of our shops (if there is one nearby) and have the Horizon box exchanged onsite or you may send me a private message with your full name and customer no. so I can arrange a new box to be sent to you.

Wishing you a nice day.

Frida

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

I received a call from one of the support team today whilst at work.

He said he would call me later in the evening when I would be at home.  I rushed home from work and he never called me.

I have been a UPC customer for less than a week and already frustrated. 

Where next?

Highlighted
Movie Star
1754 870 74

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Frustration is surely not what we are aiming for. Please send me a PM and let me know best time to call you. I will pass on that information to our support team.

Best regards,

Frida

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Re: More Fan Noise - Update

Five boxes later (yes five) and my noise issue has not been resolved.  I  have tried three current models which suffered from the same noise and two previous models which sadly did not work.

I have decided to keep the first box as I  have wasted so much time back and forth from the shop. I will move to Swiss Com next year as their boxes are much quieter.

Also, when I placed my order in September there was a promotion to recieve 40,000 Coop Supercard points.  I am still waiting to recieve the points and again having to chase people. It seems that UPC cannot even honor their promotions.

The whole experience with UPC has been horrible.

Gerard

Highlighted
Movie Star
1754 870 74

Re: More Fan Noise - Update

Hi @GerardP

I am really sad to hear you're having such troublesome experiences with us and that you therefore decided to leave us. This is actually not the way it's supposed to work. I will surely pass on your feedback to our quality team in order to help improving our service quality.

However, we of course are sad to see you leaving. Should you ever decide to come back, please know you're always welcome.

Wishing you a good time.

Best regards,

Frida

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Re Horizon noisy box

Hi, 

I've had my horizon box since it was installed in 2013.  Since two days ago I  now noticed a terrible unbearable noise same as what other customers have posted. Does this mean I need a new box? 

Thanks

Jen

Highlighted
Movie Star
1027 542 46

Re : Re Horizon noisy box

Hi @Jen. Welcome to the Community !

If you want to change your box because of this noise, you can do it. This noise doesn't mean your box has to be changed.

However, do you know if the noise is constant or if the noise only appears when you are using the Horizon box for watching TV or using the Internet? If the noise is constant, try to change the ''Standby Power Usage''. It would (maybe) decrease the noise : http://www.upc-cablecom.ch/content/dam/www-upc-cablecom-ch/Support/manuals/en/hrz/upc-horizon-bfe.pd...

As mentioned above, you decide what you want to do.

If you prefer to change the box, here is the upc cablecom's hotline number : 0800 66 88 66.

Greetings,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hi Michael

Thanks for your response. To answer your question its a constant noise only started two days ago. It happens when I am watching TV and when it is on stand by. I will try out your suggestion if doesn't solve it will request a new box. 

Thanks

Jen

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
3 0 0

Hi Micheal

i have just tried your suggestion unfortunately it made no difference.  What is surprising is that the box has been fine since it was installed in 2013 and not sure this has happened reason why I thought maybe the box needs replacing . I really do not want to replace it but the noise is really loud and unbearably and not knowing why  this has suddenly occurred is more fraustrated. If I change the box will I lose every programme that I have recorded?  Or is there anything else I can do to fix it? 

Regards

Jenny