Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 1 1

Poor roaming service in Italy

I was on vacation in Italy for 15 days and I had many problems using the telephone to make calls. The data has always worked correctly, so much so that I decided to use Whatsapp to make phone calls.
Here are the problems I have encountered:
 - The nation recognized by the phone was Belgium instead of Italy. When I called a number without a prefix, the telephone offered the international prefix +32 (Belgium), instead of +39 (Italy).
Those who received my calls, instead of seeing my phone number, saw a Belgian number.
 - 80 times out of 100 I was not reachable, despite being connected to the network and the signal was strong.
 - When I called I had to try at least 2 times, because on the first attempt the operator replied with the message of non-existent number.
 - I tried to disable the automatic connection to the operator and I used the manual connection, trying all the operators: TIM was the one that gave the least problems, but in some places there was no network coverage so unacceptable solution.

My son has my own smartphone but a prepaid Salt account: he never had any of the problems mentioned.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager
6507 1612 495

Betreff: Poor roaming service in Italy

@edika99 , We are not aware of any restrictions regarding telephony in Italy.

We recommend that you save all contacts on your phone with the country code (example 0041). If you have saved the numbers with the country code (example 0041781234567), errors will be avoided. How the routing is set with the foreign provider, if you dial a number without country code from your memory, we cannot tell you.

Concerning the accessibility, you were only 20 times reachable out of 100 attempts, we did not get any restrictions from the Italian providers.

You are welcome to call +41800668866 from abroad on your next visit and discuss your request directly with our technical support.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
1 0 0

Betreff: Poor roaming service in Italy

@Daniele_UPC wrote:

@edika99 , We are not aware of any restrictions regarding telephony in Italy.

We recommend that you save all contacts on your phone with the country code (example 0041). If you have saved the numbers with the country code (example 0041781234567), errors will be avoided. How the routing is set with the foreign provider, if you dial a number without country code from your memory, we cannot tell you.

Concerning the accessibility, you were only 20 times reachable out of 100 attempts, we did not get any restrictions from the Italian providers.

You are welcome to call +41800668866 from abroad on your next visit and discuss your request directly with our technical support.

Greetings
Daniele

Thank you for all your advice.