cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about my invoice

TV Actor
20 15 1

Changed subscription, no DD done in August and prelim Sept amount makes no sense?

So, quite straight forward request but something has gone a tad off...

1) I changed my subscription (after 5+ years) from the full pack costing CHF 129 pre month to a plan with only Internet and phone costing CHF 99 per month. Requested this in July, after a few chases I was told it was going to happen Sept 7th.

2) No DD done for the usual CHF 129 in August, but lastly only in July

3) My account now "shows" I'm in arrears of CHF 302.70 which cannot be right

Something most have gone a tad off the rails here...

My take would be:

Yearly cost old plan = (12 x CHF 129.00) / 365 = CHF 4.25 per day (rounded)

Yearly cost new plan = (12 x CHF 99.00) / 356 = CHF 3.25 per day (rounded)

So, August should be full normal CHF 129.00

and Sept (if it actually did happen on the 7th of Sept as promised):

7 days old rate x 4.25 = CHF 29.70

24 days new rate x 3.25 = CHF 78.10

Total Sept: CHF 107.80

Total Aug: CHF 129.00 (for some reason not taken from my account and I have not made any bank changes in regards to any DD's setup)

Total outstadning:

CHF 236.80

Am I missing something?

I did send a mail through the website to accounts this morning, but knowing the speed at which they operate at (they are probabyl very busy) my ooutstadning amount will be much higher...

2017-09-12_10-48-44.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Film Actor
150 102 6

Re: Changed subscription, no DD done in August and prelim Sept amount makes no sense?

Was your old plan including the connection fees of around Fr.37/month?

I've had my bills go screwy before and they eventually got sorted out, although I did have to email them a breakdown pretty much as you have done in your post above.

Also, check in "My UPC" to ensure that the products it thinks you have (and are being billed for) match what you asked for.

TV Actor
20 15 1

Re: Changed subscription, no DD done in August and prelim Sept amount makes no sense?

I paid CHF 129 and that was that (which was the same price they advertised back then in the days, for the super duper trio ultra fast internet, phone and all TV channels) so no additional CHF 37,-/month connection fee.
Film Actor
150 102 6

So no connection fee in your apartment bills / Nebenkosten?

I asked as I was wondering whether the switch to a new package had taken you onto UPC's "new" (a year old now!) billing system of charging those connection fees directly rather than charging the landlord/letting agency (who of course simply pass the bill back to you).

Keep a careful note of what you're being charged, and what you believe you should be charged, and send it as an email to UPC's admin/billing department.  They'll take a week or so to reply in my experience, but at least they'll have all the facts nicely laid out rather than trying to explain it over the phone.

TV Actor
20 15 1

OK, so I received the itemized invoice/bill and clearly some boxes have not been ticket internally with UPC resulting I'm now paying much more for the same service's I had before.

So I had the Horizon Super Trip priced at CHF 129 per month and wanted ONLY the internet 500 option priced at CHF 99 per month. All was clear in the request I sent the team.

Got a confirmation that all had been taken care of and I was good to go, except, erh no...

1) Horizon Super Trio removed on 06.08.17 as promised,

2) Connect 500 (Internet 500, Basic TV and Phone) added from same date as prmised

BUT UPC decideed to add: 

a) Horizon HD Recorder Comfort at CHF 44 per month,

b) MyPrime at CHF 9.95 per month

which was the whole point of me getting rid of the TV option as I never use it (let alone MyPrime).

So this is costing me now 97.45 on top of the Correct CHF 205.26 I owe for the pro-rated Trio + Internet 500 in August +Sept Internet 500...

I did send UPC a message today via the web with an attachment to get the 97.45 creditied to my account as well as removing it as I never wanted it in the first place.

Let's see what I get charged for next tim... :-D

TV Actor
20 15 1

The farse continues...

Got the following reply:

Dear Mr. Frank2k

Thank you for your e-mail.

We would like to confirm that the change requested was processed on the 07 August 2017.

The Connect 500(Internet 500 + Basic TV + Phone) was activated on the 07 August 2017.

We also would like to inform you that, in order to cancel your Digital TV subscription in due consideration of UPC’s General Terms & Conditions, we kindly ask you to send the signed cancellation request as an e-mail attachment, by fax to 058 388 58 81 or by post to the following address:

UPC Switzerland LLC

P.O. Box

8021 Zurich

Further information can be found in our General Terms & Conditions at upc.ch/gtc.

We hope this information has been of use to you and ask for your understanding.

If you have questions, you can contact us on 0800 66 88 66 at upc.ch/support.

Yours sincerely

U. Usless (name changed)

Customer Advisor, UPC Switzerland

OK, fair enough that I had to fill in a form but I was not made aware of this before now, 6 weeks later (and not a single link to show me where this form is?).

The worst part is that Mr Utter Uselss who looked after this case didn't react that moving from a CHF 129 per month option to a non discounted 3 x service option at CHF 54.55 per month extra for exactly the same options I had before makes no sense at all... I made it very clear I only wanted the Internet option and nothing else... I guess I have no other option than to call them...

Long live a ISP who cannot follow a simple request via mail...

TV Actor
20 15 1

UPDATE: Success,

I have now been credited for the over payment I was charged and even so, backdated to mid August which took me by surprise, so double thumbs up UPC 👍👍

Film Actor
150 102 6

Now it's my turn.

I haven't received a bill since July.  Today I got one.  Somehow they took a Fr.129/month bundle, multiplied it by 3.5 (as I'm due to pay from mid July until end Oct) and my bill is ... fr.814.

I've sent an email to their admin dept (as they don't seem to reply even to twitter at the moment) and will cancel my DD.  How hard can it be ...

TV Actor
20 15 1

I don't believe it... I wrote a long reply and now it disappeared :-(

Eitherway, seems a far cry from the "expected" CHF450 the actual pro rated period of 107'ish days would have set you back, to what you are being charged - bar the additional x rated movies on-demand and phone calls made of course :-D

The worst thing is the extreme long turn around getting answers via mail, but I guess there may only be 1 or 2 UPC employees in CS who answers English mails OR they go last in the queue.

Btw, did you move house or change your subscription (or terminate your sub) or did this come out of the blue? Did you contact UPC when you didn't hear anything back at the end of July or maybe even in August or September?

Let's hear how you get along and best of luck...

Film Actor
150 102 6

Not sure what happened to your previous message either.  This forum emailed it to me, and when I clicked on it to see it here I got an error.

Anyway, the bill I got, whilst totally wrong, was very clear in its wrongness

They basically charged me for an internet service, a TV service and a landline service all separately rather than at the correct bundle price.  

I didn't contact them as I didn't realise until end of August, and then I assumed it'd get sorted out in the end.  There are quite a few posts in this forum from people not being biled for months on end and then suddenly getting one for the last x months.  So I assumed it was a standard UPC SNAFU.  Plus I've been with UPC - same as you - for a long time and they're usually fine.  In fact, I don't wish to tempt fate, but I reckon this will get sorted out as well.  

They have two issues:  (1) their support team must have shrunk in size over the last year or so, about the time they removed the English Language option from their telephone support and (2) I assume the wonderful development team who designed and coded the Horizon GUI also got their hands on UPC's billing system!  Luckily, UPC's support have always been excellent when they've had the chance to respond.  So, whilst irritating, I'm confident it'll get sorted out.

I'll post back here when I'm ready with the next chapter to this story.