cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services & subscriptions

Supporting Actor TV
0 4 0

Cancellation experience

I guess this will be deleted, but whatever, then will post elsewhere too. Yeah, it's a bit of a rant.

I decided that I want to cancel my subscription at UPC. They have a page for that on their website, with 2 very friendly options:

1. Fill a form, and they will contact you for the cancellation. It takes only a few days.

2. Call a number, and the process will take only a few minutes.

All to avoid bureaucracy, additional costs, for maximum friendlyness. Sounds really good.

So I go with the first option. After 4 days still no call back :(

Never mind, let's call them! The website has really nice English. Via phone the option does not exist :( Still, gave it a try. Friendly representative picks it up, but tells me that unfortunately no English speaker colleague is available from the cancellation department, and they refuse to talk to me in German due to my broken German. Well, fair enough I guess. They promised a callback the next day. Guess who was not called by UPC the next day. It was me. It was not completely unexpected though, it was mentioned that maybe they won't be able to call me, but in this case I should try calling them again the next day, when they will help me for sure, I should worry not. I did not worry. But I should have. I call them back, but surprise: all their English speaking colleagues are occupied again. And they refuse to cancel my subscription when asked in German. When mentioned that I can wait on the phone, the answer is "You can't do that!". And that was the end of the conversation.

Of course there are still options (not mentioned on the website). Going that route now with a registered mail.

Of course it raises a number of questions about the cancellation page:

1. No paperwork? In which dimension means that no paperwork?

2. It says that I'm going to learn everything about final invoice and stuff. I have not learned anything else, but the fact that UPC tries to force me to stay.

3. No additional charges. What? So far I'm down with a registered mail's price. If it is unsuccessful, then I will be down with lawyer fees too (at least temporarily - no way that I won't file small claims).

Funnily enough, I have spent 6+ years at UPC, and this is my first really bad experience. I was even thinking about getting back in the future, when they will have some worthwhile promotion. I guess that question is solved now though.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
776 941 68

Re: Cancellation experience

@yUNeedThis , thank you for the time you took and the description of your process regarding your cancellation request. I would like to apologize to you for the incorrect conduct of our processes. I have now placed your request internally at the appropriate responsible point and they will call you back - in English, of course.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
0 4 0

So, this happened now more than 3 weeks ago. I got a quite useless call, but the main point is that I have not learned about the final invoice (although the website specifically claims it), and I have not received a confirmation about the date of the cancellation, although it was promised specifically during the call. Of course my registered mail was ignored too so far. Why don't you just come and spit in my face? You know my address. Ridiculus.

As a sidenote, if UPC still thinks that they can keep paying customers like that, as I mentioned earlier, I am ready to take this to a legal way.

Community Manager
776 941 68

@yUNeedThis , we have just sent you the cancellation confirmation via email. I apologize for the delay.

Regards,
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Occasional Visitor
1 0 0

Good afternoon ,

I was living in Poland for 5 years and during those years I hired UPC paying ALL bills.

I got an opportunity to go to work in my country so I went to a UPC office where I lived to cancel my subscription.

There, the person who attended to me told me that there would be no problem simply to take the router 15 days before I left and to pay that last month and that's what I did, 15 days before I delivered my router to the UPC store ( that by the way the first time I went they told me that I had to deliver the router with the box included, it took me a lifetime to find it and when I took it they told me that I didn't need to deliver it)

Surprisingly today I get in my Polish email and I have many emails for non-payment and saying that I will go to trial.

Is this the treatment UPC gives its customers after 5 years?
Can anybody help me ? mi ID on UPC 3825340

Thanks on advance

JM