Need some advice here. I am living in Schaffhausen. When I contracted the services back in early December I was hoping for a quick install. Unfortunately the whole thing turned into a real **bleep** show, and in all 3 countries I have been in so far have I never encountered such a situation where people just don't seem to care.
In Schaffhausen UPC uses Swisscom as a provider for the fiber connection. For me this is proving to be a real pain. In short:
1. I have a fiber connection issue between my apartment and the exchange box
2. i have been visited 3 times by UPC and Swisscom. Each time Swisscom comes they say it's working, then UPC comes and says it's not working.
3. I am currently waiting for UPC to contact Swisscom to schedule another visit at my house for the fiber issue. I am writting this because after a week nobody has contacted me from any of the parties. I make calls to the call center each second day in hoping something has changed.
My questions are:
1. Does UPC actually care about me as a customer?
2. If UPC is a customer of Swisscom in the Schaffhausen area, how come they cannot escalte the ticket in regards to the fiber issue?
Can someone from UPC actually take the driver on this and let me know if I should just go to another operator? Or if UPC wants me to stay to actually push on Swisscom to get the issue sorted. I just got off the phone with one of the call center consultants (which are great by the way) and he tells me that he was told by the technical department that my ticket is on hold and will be updated in 5 (that is FIVE) days. This is outrageous.
Curious about your thoughts.
Thanks for your mail. Of course your request is important to us.
We have seen that you already had contact with our support. The order will be checked by the responsible department. You will be contacted.
Thank you for your understanding.