Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Television

SOLVED
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Horizon Box Freezes

Hello,

I have some problems with my Horizon box, perhaps someone would be kind enough to offer some advise?

• Every day, soemtimes twice per day, I have to switch off the Horizon TV box because it has frozen. This happens no matter what TV channel we watch, and also seems to freeze when we are not watching anything and it is simply recording something overnight. I see the next day that the record failed and the box wont switch off/on.

• Connected WLAN devices such as iPads/iPhones get disconnected from the WLAN (then they reconnect) almost constantly. I have tried changing the WLAN channels and also connected a netgear wireless router as an access point, but that causes me to now have terrible speed issues.

I have made a reset of the box so many times, but nothing helps with either the freezing of loss of WLAN.

Before I had the horizon box, everythign was perfect with my Internet connection. Very fast and stable. No I have the horizon box running internet and TV, its all gone pear shaped. This really is driving me insane, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1164 365 14

Re: Horizon Box Freezes

Hi Anthony

Such "freezes" can occur due to various factors, I can not give you a general answer to this.

We've found out that other devices (eg NAS or PC) connected to Horizon can cause such a freeze. If you have other devices connected to Horizon, we advise you to remove them and see if the freezes still occur.

If the freezes still occur please contact our support.

Regards
Daniel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1164 365 14

Hi Anthony

Such "freezes" can occur due to various factors, I can not give you a general answer to this.

We've found out that other devices (eg NAS or PC) connected to Horizon can cause such a freeze. If you have other devices connected to Horizon, we advise you to remove them and see if the freezes still occur.

If the freezes still occur please contact our support.

Regards
Daniel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for replying.

I have now a new switch and cabling, and also a new wireless accesspoint connected. So far all seems to be fine. I think you are right, and there are too many unknowns to give specific answers. This is why i just got new devices, it was easier than fiddling about with what i had!

I am a little dissapointed though that even though i have a 150mbps connection, in reality I only see a maximum of 30mbps on my wireless devices and around the same on my LAN.  

Although i dont need more, it would be great to know i can use the speed I pay for! But thats a topic for another day....

Cheers

Anthony

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
8 1 0

Since ive had the Horizon my TV in the next room Turn,s itself OF while im watching it  and goes to TV from Scart then starts searching for programs and in stand by it turns  itself ON.