Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Television

SOLVED
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Horizon Box Stability

I am a very patient person, but the service suplied with the new horizon box is really getting on top of me.

Almost every day, My Horizon box either freezes or it shuts down (restarts) when in use. This is especially evident if it is used for many hours, or when you are streaming media to it via home PC & Twonky.

Every time it freezes, you must switch it off, wait a short time, then switch it back on. I am tired of this process, I am fed up with having to put up with it.

Dare I even mention the remote control and menus? What about the iPad app....also slow, unresponsive, constantly crashing.

Since changing my cablecom package to "SuperCombi" and paying an extortionate 109SFr/month, I have had nothing but a bad experience. I'm not interested in financial remuneration, I just want the service i pay for to work properly!

What are my options? new Horizon box? firmware upgrade?

Or should I try cancelling my contract due to poor service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1164 365 14

Re: Horizon Box Stability

Hi Anthony

Can you please send me your customer number? Afterwards we will look at your case in detail.

Thank you.

Regards
Daniel

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1164 365 14

Hi Anthony

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with Horizon.

Freezes can be caused due to different factors. Please disconnect your PC from Horizon and observe if the freezes still occur.

Regards
Daniel

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Disconnecting my PC means then I have no 'internet' connection. Anyhow, it made no difference, the box froze in the mornings and required a power cycle.

Now, can you tell me why now that i get the message 'your box is unable to display TV channels at this time' when i switch it on? This is becomming extremely tedious. 

Im supposed to mention error code 2010, for whatever reason.

i guess that having the cablecom engineer in my appartment this week was a waste of time?

im really miffed, if you cant tell already. What really upsets me is that im paying for this lack of service. 

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

And now completely frozen and unresponsive. See attached picture

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

After powering off, I can now watch the tv that im paying for. See attachment

so, again, why do i keep having to switch this bloody box off and on again.

Highlighted
Ex-Moderator
1164 365 14

Hi Anthony

Can you please send me your customer number? Afterwards we will look at your case in detail.

Thank you.

Regards
Daniel

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
18 1 0

Hello Daniel,

message sent! 

Thanks for your help, sorry for my posts, but i am quite unhappy with the service, especially even after a cablecom engineer tested everything a couple of weeks ago and found nothing wrong in either the box settings or the cable connections.

Highlighted
Not applicable
1 0 0

Well these problems sound familiar!

In fact I have had these as well as other problems for months. The box freezes daily, and will only work again by disconnecting the power and restarting. It also loses the HDMI connection regularly when connected to my audio receiver, and will only work when connected directly to my TV (so no surround sound anymore). But that doesn't fix the freezing problems... I have also tried all the suggestions given here and elsewhere (disconnect from PC/other devices), nothing helped.

Frankly the box is riddled with problems, and the service from cablecom has been very poor. After weeks of calling the service hotline and getting no answers to my problems, the final answer they gave me was they can't fix it, and my only option was to go back to the old media box. Great...

I cannot recommend this product to anyone and have actually been actively telling my friends to avoid it. It is extremely frustrating to pay a premium for such a poor product and service.

Highlighted
Not applicable
1 0 0

Hi Anthony,

I've had exactly the same issue.  Have spent many hours on the phone getting more and more frustrated.  I've tried all the various reset permutations nothing changes.  I've been told by technical support that this is a known issue and I've got to put up with it until the release a patch to fix it. 

After another crash the weekend before last I called Cablecom and requested a new box, I was told in no uncertain terms that I couldn't have a new box, I'd just have to put up and shut up until the patch came out as a new box wouldn't help.  

Not very happy with the Cablecom Technical Support, the way I was spoken was not what I would equate with acceptable customer service.

Pamela