Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC Phone App

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

UPC Phone doesn't connect

I'm a new UPC customer; i've installed the UPC Phone app on my android phone, but the login continuously fails. The credentials are right (username and password of "My UPC" service), but  when i click "Login" the answare is "Time out connection". I'm on my home's wifi.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Movie Star
1754 870 74

Betreff: UPC Phone doesn't connect

Hi @genestar

Welcome to our Community! We are happy you joined us. Unfortunately, we've been having a technical issue with the UPC Phone App. My colleagues are working on solving the issue. Currently, there are not in the possition to estimate the duration of the outage.

I kindly ask you to excuse any inconvenience caused. We will keep you and the Community informed as we progress.

Wishing you a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Frida

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

Thank you, Frida; i hope in a rapid solution.

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor
1 0 0

this is now going on for a week and still has not been solved. Even MyUPC did not work for several days. This is not acceptable from a large provider such as UPC!

UPC Phone is not just a nice feature but an application for professional use. Being often abroad, this is extremely inconvinient if one cannot rely on continous service!

Highlighted
Leading Role
247 137 10

This was (finally) fixed this morning.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

I can't confirm that; I've always the same error.

I tried to delete data and cache of the app, but nothing happened.

Highlighted
Leading Role
247 137 10

There's been a week-long problem with the app refusing to accept a valid password, and that's the error which has been fixed.

It seems your issue is not related to that one.  I'm using an iPhone so maybe it's a problem with the Android app?

Might be worth checking out this thread as others are also still having issues:

http://community.upc.ch/t5/upc-Phone-App/UPC-Phone-APP-login-nicht-möglich/m-p/97758#M226

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

My problem is not related to password refused, but to connection timeout, and the error persist.

The app don't tell me that my password or username are incorrect.

Highlighted
Award Winner
1027 542 46

Hi @genestar,

You have to use the same password as the one you use for MyUPC. Make sure your app is up to date and your Android system is compatible with UPC Phone app. Try also the app on an other Android device to see whether it is the UPC's system which has an issue with your account nor it is your smartphone or tablet which has a problem.

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 0 0

As I said the credentials (username and password) are right; the same used for MyUPC. I've tried on 1 smartphone with android 6.01 and on a tablet with android 5.1; always the same timeout error.