Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 6 0

CS 2004 when connecting TV Box only trough Connect box

As the TV set is far from the UPC outlet, I tried to connect the TV box through the WiFi received from the Connect box. I receive the message CS 2004 in most of the channels (RTS, TF1, France for example), but I'm able to watch some others, use the REPLAY and watch saved programs in all channels, and even watch all the channels with delay using "watch from the beginning".

Apps also work fine as the internet speed is HIGH according to Diagnostics. I even tried connecting to the Connect box trough ethernet just in case the internet signal was the issue, but nothing changes, I can't watch Live TV in those channels if I don't have the TV box connected to the outlet trough the coaxial cable.

Is there a way to connect a TV set without needing to connect the TV box with the coaxial cable to the outlet? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager
6566 1619 499

Re: CS 2004 when connecting TV Box only trough Connect box

@smonroy , You get the CS2004 error if you don't plug in the antenna cable. The antenna cable is needed to receive the channels which are not distributed via IPTV.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 6 0

Thanks for the quick reply, @Daniele_UPC . Unfortunately this is bad news, as it means I can't use the TV box in another room, as there is only one cable outlet in the whole apartment.

Community Manager
6566 1619 499

@smonroy ,There are several possibilities as alternatives.

You can for example:
- ask your administration / your landlord if he can install an extra socket
- you can download the UPC TV app for Android / AppleTV / AmazonTV, log in and stream your channels

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
13 6 0

Thanks again, @Daniele_UPC. The extra socket looks complicated (it's a duplex, so it's a different floor and at opposite sites), but the TV app sounds like an idea worth to try.