Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Highlighted
Film Actor
112 54 1

Channel 163 SYFY ... no sound again.

Hi all

Again, we have no sound on channel 163(SYFY). This seems to be a recurring problem with this channel. This seems to only affect this channel so our WiFi is ok.

Any ideas anyone?

cheers

biggsp

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
493 197 40

Re: Channel 163 SYFY ... no sound again.

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We are analyzing the issue.

Cheers, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Film Actor
112 54 1

Thank you Ahmet.

Not sure what 'analyzing the issue' means though.

regards

Highlighted
Film Actor
112 54 1

Just so you know, I have turned my UPC TV box off, turned my router off. Waited until the router was back online properly then turned the TV box back on. Still NO sound on channel 163.

How is the analysis going??

regards

Highlighted
493 197 40

Hi. Thank you very much. 

The german sound option works fine. We've been told that the english sound option, which comes on the 2nd sound channel,  is based on a dynamic broadcast option. Which means, if the sound is sent wihtin the signal, we can deliver to our customers. If not, there is no option for the english sound. So it has nothing to do with our product or your setup. The option is semi-available for the content on that channel. I hope that claryfies the issue.

Cheers, 

Ahmet

Highlighted
Film Actor
112 54 1

Thank you for the reply.

Not sure it clarifies the issue as one day I can be watching the same channel, and the same series of programmes in English but other times, the same series cannot be heard in English.

By the 'sounds' of it... pardon the pun... UPC will not be able to resolve this issue then.

regards