Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

SOLVED
Leading Role
229 131 8

Extremely low volume on some programmes

Hi,

Earlier, I watched (on replay) The Simpsons (Ch4, 12:30) and the volume was extremely low.  The adverts and other channels were as loud as usual, but as I had to turn the volume up on my AVR so high to hear the actual programme,   one had to be hyper ready to mute the volume during the adverts.

I believe this is also related to UPC's mess of a Dolby Digital implementation, as the programme was no doubt in DD (it's a modern episode on an HD channel), but of course your Replay doesn't support that and strips the surround info, somehow leading to this volume issue.  That's my guess as to why, anyway.

The Horizon box didn't have such a major issue with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
3159 978 245

Betreff: Extremely low volume on some programmes

@adrianlondon , You're right about your statement. Have you tried activating/deactivating DolbyDigital when the error appears? As soon as the DolbyDigital cause has been fixed, the program should return to normal volume.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager
3159 978 245

@adrianlondon , You're right about your statement. Have you tried activating/deactivating DolbyDigital when the error appears? As soon as the DolbyDigital cause has been fixed, the program should return to normal volume.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Leading Role
229 131 8

Thanks as always Daniele.

I started watching another episode and remembered that I had turned DD on (I usually leave it off) to watch th Captain America film the night before.  Once I turned DD off the volume improved.

Luckily, as I use a Logitech Harmony remote, I've managed to create a sequence/macro so thay I can toggle DD on and off with just one button press.  I still need to remember to do it though

Film Actor
101 52 1

Sad thing is, you shouldn’t have to do anything to make your TV experience acceptable.