Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Highlighted
TV Actor
22 3 0

ITV Region (English)

While this may appear insignificant, I notice that the region for ITV HD has changed from London to the North of England.

The channel info shows London and South East, but the programming is regionally set to Yorkshire, which is in the north of England.

How can this be changed back? Who has flicked the wrong switch at UPC and changed this??
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Manager
6184 1558 470

Re: ITV Region (English)

@TinTinOut2 , Can you please explain in detail how it was before, how it is now and what is wrong in your eyes? Unfortunately I never see the channel and therefore I can't understand your request.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Actor
22 3 0

@Daniele_UPC No problem, I will try my best to explain.

The channel has regionional variations for programs in the UK. Basically, north, south, east, west and central. etc. Each program is specific to that region. The news channels, for example, adn im sure some other daytime TV too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:ITV_regional_news_shows 

The channel guide displays the region as London (as per my pictrure) thus, you would expect to get the regional programming for London.

However, over the last weeks the  programming has switched to the central region, yet the guide still displays it as being London.

If it were FreeSat/Freeview, you would get the programming based on the postcode you set in the reciever as part of the setup process. So London Postcode would get London programming etc.

Maybe this is also the same for some Swiss channels?

I'm probably the only person who has noticed this, or is bothered enough to question it, but It's super annoying (for me at least...)

Thanks for replying!

Highlighted
TV Star
280 141 11

Good spot!

I just went to replay "ITV News London" (19:00) and it played "ITV News Calendar" which is some northern thing.  I'm a Londoner (as my id no doubt gave away) and want London news.

It used to work properly; I don't know when it changed.

Highlighted
TV Actor
22 3 0

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m happy you also see the same tripe that I do.I thought at first I was on the wrong channel!

Life just isn’t the same with a northern perspective on the news.....I miss Lucrezia Millarini.
Highlighted
Community Manager
6184 1558 470

@TinTinOut2 , Thanks for your detailed description of the error. We have opened a ticket with our EPG supplier for the correction of the incorrect information in the EPG.

The fix will probably take a few days.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Star
280 141 11

Nooo!  Please don't change the EPG; instead retransmit the correct (London) ITV region.

Cheers me ol' china.

Highlighted
Community Manager
6184 1558 470

@adrianlondon , Unfortunately we can not change the TV signal. However, we can adjust the EPG data of the channel.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
TV Actor
22 3 0

Feel a hard done by and fobbed off a little. The EPG is perfect, but the content has changed.

However, I realised when I opened the post that there was little chance of a fix, but Im really happy to have had a response.
Highlighted
TV Star
280 141 11

You say it can't be changed, but it was.  Until relatively recently it was ITV London.  Someone decided to switch it, so just find out who it was and tell them to switch it back :-)

But yeah, second best is having the EPG match.

While I'm moaning about the EPG, we have a BBC programmed called "Have I Got News For You" shown Friday evenings.  Monday night (00:40 Tuesday morning CET) a different version is shown called "Have I Got A Bit More News For You".  Your EPG uses the wrong title.  Not a big issue, but confused me as I used the search to try and find it, and it failed.