cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Lost mobile UPC-connection abroad

I have on several occasions experienced lost mobile phone connection when traveling abroad. My iPhone X was set on "automatic" and "international" and connected normaly up to a local serviceprovider. In some cases it allowed outgoing calls on other occasions it was just dead. A long conversation with the UPC service only revealed its incompetense and did not solve the problem. How can I solve this problem or rapidly get out of my UPC contract that still runs for 6 months?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
87 38 6

Re: Lost mobile UPC-connection abroad

Hello. If you go all the way down on this link:

https://www.upc.ch/en/mobile/buy-mobile-subscription/

You'll find a dropdown menu for the mobile tariffs for each individual country. There you will also see the partner networks you can use. If you are not automatically on one of the partner networks, you can change this manually.

I hope that this information was helpful.

Best regards,

@Ahmet_upc

Member of @UPC_Team

Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for your rapid answer. Despite that I am in the wrong forum it is the best answer I could obtain from UPC until now.

However it is not a satisfactory solution. Because how would I know that when I cross a border in Europe the “Automatic” provider selection may connect me to an non UPC collaborating serviceprovider that allows me to call out but not to recieve calls.

The only workaround I can se is at each border crossing to consult a list of European UPC service providers select one and use a second non UPC connected mobilephone to check that I indeed can be reached.

Or do you have a better one?

87 38 6

Hi. Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, if the automatic process does not work, it is the best workaround to check the available networks manually. To be sure, you can compare the list for each country on our website which is always up to date. Sorry, that we cannot offer an other solution.

Best regards, @Ahmet_upc

Member of @UPC_Team