cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Occasional Visitor
1 1 0

New UPC TV Box: possible to watch recorded shows when abroad?

Is it possible to watch recorded shows whilst abroad? I thought it was, but I’m currently visiting family abroad and am unable to watch any recorded material using the app..

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
2780 911 223

Betreff: New UPC TV Box: possible to watch recorded shows when abroad?

@AsifBasel , Online TV and recordings cannot be viewed abroad for copyright reasons. But if you download recordings here in Switzerland, you can watch them abroad.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Leading Role
229 131 8

Hi Daniele,

How does one download a recording?  Checking the iPhone app and web, the only two options I have for a programme I've recorded are "watch" and "watch on TV". 

Community Manager
2780 911 223

@adrianlondon ,first you have to search for a past show in the EPG, then you can click on the download button, if available, and download the content. Please note, not every show can be downloaded, also for copyright reasons of the station.

2019-03-12_14h06_15.png

2019-03-12_14h06_43.png

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Leading Role
229 131 8

Ah that's interesting.  I've not seen that download button before; I guess most programmes (on the English language channels at least) don't allow it.

This geo-blocking is, unfortunately, very common.  I have the same issue with all the UK replay stations (BBC iPlayer, 4 on-demand, Sky Go etc.).

Supporting Actor Film
13 5 0

I can't seem to find any download buttons. Do you mean TV Guide when you say EPG- I do not see a screen similar to the one in your screenshot. My options are:

Watch, Watch on TV, and Watchlist