Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

SOLVED
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

New firmware (4.22)

Hi,

Just thought I'd share something I've discovered.  Earlier today, my TV box upgraded its firmware from 4.19 to 4.22.   You'll get a pop-up stating what improvements are included in this; mainly related to programme suggestions being more accurate (based on the language the box is set to, I believe) and also listing things by genre.

However, one thing I noticed is that recordings are now set for 60-days (default) or one year.  I don't know what'll happen to existng recordings, but for anyone who records stuff they want to keep forever, they'll be deleted after a year.  This doesn't affect me, but might impact some people hence my post. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

Re: New firmware (4.22)

@adrianlondon , As part of the current UPC TV update, all UPC TV boxes will be introduced with new functions and optimisations. In order to avoid ambiguities and misunderstandings, UPC now also specifies via an on-screen message that the recordings can be saved for up to 12 months, if desired. The standard is that recordings are stored for 60 days, but if desired, UPC TV recordings can be stored for up to 12 months.

As a gesture of goodwill, until now UPC has not deleted recordings that have been stored for more than 12 months. This will no longer be the case.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

Re: New firmware (4.22)

@adrianlondon , As part of the current UPC TV update, all UPC TV boxes will be introduced with new functions and optimisations. In order to avoid ambiguities and misunderstandings, UPC now also specifies via an on-screen message that the recordings can be saved for up to 12 months, if desired. The standard is that recordings are stored for 60 days, but if desired, UPC TV recordings can be stored for up to 12 months.

As a gesture of goodwill, until now UPC has not deleted recordings that have been stored for more than 12 months. This will no longer be the case.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team

View solution in original post