Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Community Manager
2417 847 188

New software version 4.17

Hello,

From 16.07.2019 the new software 4.17 will be installed on the UPC TV boxes. The new version has the following new functions:

One power button / HDMI CEC
Now you can choose in the settings whether you want to switch all devices connected to the UPC TV box on or off at the same time with one button.

EOS_417_OnePower.png

Genre Filter
New Genre Filter in TV Guide, you can now filter your channels by genre (news, kids, action, comedy etc.).

EOS_417_GuideChannelFilter.png

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Leading Role
228 130 8

Re: New software version 4.17

Hmm, I don't get the new HDMI option.  I also don't have the "Audio Delay" option.

I'm connected via HDMI to my Denon AVR which is connected via HDMI to my Samsung TV.  The Samsung has Anynet enabled and can see the UPC box.  Everything has been powered off and on again, and the box is definitely running 4.17 (the new Match frame rate, whatever that is, has appeared).  Turning on the UPC box turns on both the AVR and the TV.  So why doesn't the option show?

I was looking forward to this update as I had to turn Anynet off to stop the TV from taking control of the speakers as the UPC TV Box sometimes sent the sound through my AVR to the TV, resulting in crappy sound.  Plus I use a Harmony remote and that gets confused if something else turns my devices on/off.

Community Manager
2417 847 188

@adrianlondon , The Audio Delay option was not released. This function has been postponed. What software version do you have when you go to "Settings" - "Info" - "About"?

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Leading Role
228 130 8

Aha, so you're showing off some later firmware

I did a factory reset last night to get the latest firmware.  It shows 4.17 for the build version, which is correct.

Software version?  DCX960_-MON-PRD-00.01-067-AQ-AL-20190628143437-NA004

That looks ok, as it's the production firmware from 28th June.

I'm currently doing some testing to see if it's an HDMI handshaking issue, by turning the devices on in different orders to see if that helps.

Edit:  Nope, can't get it to show.  Turning the box on turns on my TV and AVR automatically (and it's not IR, it's definitely HDMI-CEC).  Also, if they are both already turned on, the TV detects the HDMI-CEC input correctly. 

Community Manager
2417 847 188

@adrianlondon , Did you disable this option?

2019-07-17_10h46_52.png

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Leading Role
228 130 8

I don't have that option in my menu, that's why I commented in the first place   I'd love to be able to disable it.

BUT!!!  I just used the actual UPC remote to turn the device on, and now that menu appears. 

I had to get the remote out of the drawer, as I've been using nothing but my Logitech Harmony remote since getting the box.

So I've now turned it off.  Testing can begin! 

Edit: Looking good!  Might be worth making a note that people need to use the original remote to see and change that new option. I suspect this doesn't affect many people though.