Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Sound and picture out of sync

Hello!

I have very recently signed up to UPC as a new customer and have a Happy Home 600 subscription. I have the latest TV Box but have been surprised that the sound and pictures do not match. I have only been watching BBC1, BBC2 and BBC4 but they all seem affected by this problem. Almost all recordings and live TV seem to be about half a second out of sync.

I don't think it's anything to do with the internet speed which is very good when accessed through my computer or phone.

Has anyone got a suggestion about how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

John

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager
2782 911 224

Betreff: Sound and picture out of sync

@john8kennedy , can you please write us something about your setup? How exactly did you connect your sound system? What kind of TV (make & model) do you have?

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Leading Role
229 131 8

Re: Sound and picture out of sync

My understanding of the technology is that replay and recordings use your network/broadband whereas live TV doesn't and comes direct through the dedicated coax cable.

So your delay isn't likely to be network related.  Are you sending the sound to an AVR/amplifier?  Some of those introduce delays especially when working out how to up-mix the signal.  Some AVRs and even TVs have an "audio delay" option".  Denon, for example, has an "auto" setting which attempts to work out any delays and negate them.

Supporting Actor Film
6 1 0

Dear Danielle and Adrian,

Thanks very much for your replies.

I don't have any sound system. Just a TV connected directly to the UPC box by HDMI. The TV is a 6 month old Phillips Android TV model 43PUS730/12. I'm quite confident there is nothing wroing with the TV because I have it connected to my network attached storage, can access youtube and netflix without any problems relating to sound synchronisation. I also know that my previous Swisscom box worked perfectly with the TV.

Any ideas what is happenning or suggestions to try out? It is quite annoying.

Leading Role
229 131 8

No idea

http://philips-tvconsumercare.kxondemand.com/portal/en/Faq/All/2218 section 5a has some things to try.

You could try another HDMI socket on your TV - some have extra (or less) processing for different types of input.

Don't suppose you have another telly to try?  I suppose the UPC box could be faulty but it's an odd fault.  I'd suggest calling UPC's tech support.

Community Manager
2782 911 224

@john8kennedy , I can't find your model anywhere on the Internet. What I found is this model 43PUS7303/12. Here it has the manual in german (sorry): https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1dQaFHgzbS.pdf

See page 58 for advanced sound settings that you can adjust on your TV: "Digital output delay (TV menu) > Settings > Sound > Advanced > Digital output delay Some home entertainment systems may need to adjust the audio sync delay to synchronize sound and picture. Select "Off" if a sound delay is set on your home entertainment system.Digital output offset (only available if the digital output delay is "On")(TV menu) >  Settings > Sound > Advanced > Digital output offset.If it is not possible to set a delay on your home entertainment system, you can set the TV to sync sound.You can set an offset that compensates for the time the home entertainment system takes to process sound.Set the value in 5 ms increments. The maximum setting is 60 ms.)

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team