I have just installed my new UPC TV Box

Several channels are missing.

When do I get them installed.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
TV Star
276 140 11

Re: UPC TV Box

Does it say "you are not subscribed to this channel"?  I got that for a while when I got my new box, but it resolved itself within about 10 minutes of waiting.

Reboot everything, and make sure the box is conected both to the internet (via your connextbox or whatever router you're using) and also directly to the wall socket.  If after about half an hour they're still not showing as subscribed then phone them up - they can sort it out while you're on the phone.

Or, if you don't want to phone, wait until someone from UPC sees this thread (probably Daniele) who can potentially sort it for you.

Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 2 0

Well it did happen a bit later in the day I think. In any event the day after I installed the box, the channels were up. Then I tried to use my PC upc tv program. Nothing worked. I managed eventually to get through to support by telephone. I explained the situation and was told, oh yes of course it takes up to 48 hours before my upc box information filters through to my upc so that I can access the PC app!!!. Well this happened this morning a good 60 hours after I installed the upc box!!!! The support guy could not tell me why it should take over 2 days for my PC app to work. My impression of upc is that they could not organize a piss-up in a brewery.  I have been a long-suffering customer and every time they have changed something they have screwed something up.   This community thing I find a total farce. You have been kind enough to reply but quite honestly a upc support person should have provided a reply within a few minutes of my request. The only reason I am still a customer is because I can't transfer my email address but I might just change it anyway and to hell with it. I could save a lot of money and get a better service with just about every competitor.

Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@KevinSmyth , Welcome to the community! 

I can understand your anger very well. We are happy to help you find a solution.

- Which channels are you missing exactly?

- What happens when you select the missing channels?

- Do you have your error on the UPC TV Box or on the UPC TV App?

- If it is the app, on which device is it running?

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 2 0

Hi Daniele,

Thanks for replying.

I should probably have kept strictly to the facts rather than show my anger in my comment. I apologize for that.

Now everything is working more or less.so the situation is resolved. Although the upc tv still takes an age to start but this is an improvement since in the past it could hang forever.

I think one of your colleagues tried to phone via the call centre. Twice to-day and once yesterday. Usually I don't answer an unknown non local number, especially if it looks like a call centre. I have become expert  at recognizing call centre numbers since our household has been pestered by various scams. But I now know the number and will answer if he calls again. If it was you then the problem is now solved.

I think the problem you have at upc is a management issue.  A well-managed company would have customer support as an absolute first priority. You can get away with some technical weaknesses if your customer support is excellent. In my case the installation of a new upc box which was initiated by upc, I did not make the request.  upc did not inform me that, first it would take a few hours from installing the box before all channels were active. This was bad enough but I rely, very much, on the pc app so that my wife and I can watch different programs at the same time.  I was not aware that it would take an additional 48 hours before the pc apps were usable. In fact, it took nearer 60 hours. If I had been informed this was going to happen, I would not have been particular happy but it would not have been the end of the world and would have been prepared.

There is one last point I really don't understand. Most companies these days either have a chat service or an email system of reporting problems or putting questions.  I image upc is, at the moment, overwhelmed with telephone calls. This community system is just too slow. You have replied to me 3 days after I had the initial problem. What was required was a few minutes.

Highlighted
Community Manager
5254 1387 407

@KevinSmyth ,  Thanks for your valuable feedback, which I forwarded to the management internally.

We have a chat service, which is available on certain pages of UPC. As soon as you enter one of these sites, a pop-up will appear asking if you want to chat. The social media channels are also available to you.

The community has a slower reaction time, as you have noticed. This is usually between 24-72 hours.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor Film
6 2 0

Well the chat is very well hidden

It does not activate for tv support. But it seems there is a pop feature in Facebook.

Is that what you meant?

I have one further suggestion. Rather than:
New installation detected -> disconnect existing access -> add services

Do: New installation detected -> add services -> disconnect existing access 

There is a danger that some customers may be running two boxes for a few days.but this may be an advantage. You now offer multiple box support in the home so this may motivate more people to order another box.

While I was looking for any evidence of a chat, I had a look into my account. I have some credits, which is nice but I don't know why I have them. I pay my monthly bill by ESR always exactly on the day due.  My account is claiming I have not paid this month but my bank has confirmed the payment. I assume this is not your area, so I will check again tomorrow, maybe it's just a timing issue. I'll try out the Facebook pop up if this is still an issue.