Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPC TV Box

TV Actor
66 19 1

UPC TV box - Recording & TV guide problem

Hi,

I have another problem with new TV box beside its 1980 VHS image quality - it's Recording. 

Recording does not have manual option, does it?  With Horizon box we could add and put timing of recording manually. Now with new box, we have to click on the program in the TV Guide, and end up having recorded unfinished program. 

For example, yesterday, we wanted to record one movie from "1" - Russian Channel 1. We went to the Guide, there was one program for 21 hours. In that how you will record a movie? We ended up cliking on the Guide where was only one program with 21 hours.  Clicked on it and got Error mgs -  Recording is not available!

So there is TV Guide problem and Recording problem with this new TV box!

What we can do?

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager
1858 685 132

Betreff: UPC TV box - Recording & TV guide problem

@Jargalsaihan , I sent you a private message with an answer to this question.

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Hi

I have the same issue. I cannot set manual timing for recording. This means that I often miss the beginning and/or the end of a recorded movie or program.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

@Daniele_UPC wrote:

@Jargalsaihan , I sent you a private message with an answer to this question.

Greetings

Daniele

Community Manager
1858 685 132

@Anlca ,Manual recording is not possible on the UPC TV Box. If this will happen, we cannot tell you at the moment.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Leading Role
211 123 8

I don't have any access to how UPC actually works, but I can make a guess!

The new boxes don't actually record anything (unlike the Horizon boxes, which had their own HDD). 

The next bit is me guessing, so could be totally wrong:

All they do is set a flag against the programme in UPC's systems that you have wanted it recorded.  So, popular programmes no doubt have a huge list of UPC account numbers against them.  I would then assume UPC deletes any programmes after 7 days old that are not flagged as being "recorded". The 7 days are to allow replay.  Further, after 60 days any programme not marked by someone as "keep for more than 60 days" is deleted.

If all my assumptions are true, I can see no way that manual recordings will ever be implemented.