Voice search and control is not available

Hi all.

getting the following...   Voice search and control is not available ... CS6600

Any ideas why??

6 REPLIES 6
Community Manager
2732 897 218

Rif.: Voice search and control is not available

@Biggsp , Please restart your UPC TV Box. If it still doesn't work and you have connected it via WIFI, then get the UPC TV Box closer to the modem or vice versa. Otherwise we recommend a connection via LAN of your UPC TV Box.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
TV Actor
81 49 1

Sorry Daniele but your reply is crazy. The UPC TV box is about 4 feet away from the modem, on WIFI. I am using my iPad about 6 feet away from the modem on WIFI. I don’t understand why your box cannot use WIFI from tgat distance when an iPad can work on WIFI from a greater distance!

Community Manager
2732 897 218

@Biggsp , please rename the 5GHz WIFI from UPCD8xxxxx to UPCD8xxxxx_5GHz. Then connect your UPC TV Box to the 5GHz WIFI. Does it work better then?

Greetings
Daniele

EDIT: At your request, I have anonymized the example of WIFI Network.

Member of @UPC_Team
TV Actor
81 49 1

I have no idea what you are telling me to do. The UPC TV box should work on WIFI.

Community Manager
2732 897 218

@Biggsp , The WIFI technology is susceptible to various factors, such as additional WIFI networks in the building. The structure of the building, other radio signal influences, etc., can also be a factor. Please contact our technical support to help you rename the WIFI networks. They will then explain how to change the WIFI connection to 5GHz.

You can find more information here after renaming the WIFIs: https://www.upc.ch/en/support/television/tv-box/troubleshooting-errors/wi-fi-and-lan-cable/connectin...

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
TV Actor
81 49 1

I have sent you a PM.