Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Free

Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

vpn disconnects on wi-free

My company's vpn disconnects when I try to use wi-free. This is happening not only in Switzerland, but also if I use wi-free in other countries. I understood from the forum that disabling something called DS lite should solve the problem. How can I request it ? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager
6537 1618 499

Re: vpn disconnects on wi-free

@umby79 , Welcome to our Community!

The switch to IPv4 can only be ordered by the owner of the modem running Wi-Free. I assume that the bandwidth is not sufficient and therefore the interruptions are present.

Greetings
Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team
Highlighted
Supporting Actor TV
2 0 0

Ciao @Daniele_UPC  ,

I would exclude a bandwidth problem. When I don't use VPN , I am able to make a skype video call without problems.

After a few disconnections, I get a message from vpn client regarding the size of MTU.

I tried to look for the error message on internet and I found this post ( I hope I don't break any rule of the community by posting external links...)

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/424323-changing-the-mtu-value-to-fix-cisco-anyconnect-issue

I am also using cisco anyconnect as vpn client. 

Which MTU value is using the WI-FREE ?

Please note that when I connect to the same router that provides the WI-FREE using the proper Network UPCXXXXXX I don't have the issue. Therefore, It must be something proper of the WI-FREE setting.

What do you think ?

Highlighted
Community Manager
6537 1618 499

@umby79 , The default MTU value (1500) should fit and does not need to be reconfigured. Why the VPN is not stable I can not tell you.

You are welcome to play with the values and for example set a lower value of MTU size (1350).

Greetings

Daniele

Member of @UPC_Team